Slow Blow Fuses

I have a UPS that had a 5A fuse. The only replacement I have found is a 5A slow blow. I am guessing the slow blow is much better than using aluminum foil but how close is it to a regular fuse?

Reply to
Kilowatt

it is designed to protect a motor. It may not provide all the protection you need for electronics. Try to find the right fuse at the right voltage.

Reply to
Greg

As the other poster indicated, the slo blow will not protect electronics very well.

That said, the odds are that when you put in the "proper" fuse it will still fail.

Unless you can link a fuse failure to something YOU DID than the fuse blew because of an internal failure. Sometimes fues just blow but it just doesn't happen very often.

Reply to
John Gilmer