Sr. Software Architect - Nokia - San Diego

Position: Sr. Software Architect
Req #: SWA00000043
Company: Nokia
Location: San Diego

"Connecting People" is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the
world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3
billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging
and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile
solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company
built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common
values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and
innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is
nurtured. Our future is your creation.
We are looking for an experienced software architect with hands-on
development experience to join the dynamic team. In this role, you
work closely with interdisciplinary team to translate user
requirements into elegant designs and end-to-end solutions. You will
take the ownership of the software design and architecture management
for our innovative solutions. You have proven ability to understand
and manage complex software designs and frameworks including their
configurability, modularity and interfaces.
You must excel at both working independently as well as in a group
setting. Analyzing and solving problems are also key components to
your success. Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all technological
advances is crucial. You must also be an excellent communicator, able
to explain your work in layman's terms to clients and colleagues who
are not information technology professionals.
Core Responsibilities:
=95 Translate business needs into technology solutions.
=95 Work closely with product management and engineering teams to define
the platform architecture.
=95 Drive technical designs to consensus and approval across a cross-
functional organization.
=95 Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership in
order to shape our platform architecture strategy.
=95 Translate architecture design to high level design documents for SW
development.
=95 Hands-on development and testing of the defined architecture and
solution.
=95 Facilitate code reviews.
=95 Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
=95 Enforce engineering principles and practices.
=95 Mentor product, engineering and architecture teams on architecture
topics
=95 Ability to zoom in while working with engineers, and at the same
time zoom out to communicate effectively with executives.
=95 Enterprise Architect for Services.
=95 Work with architecture stakeholders - security, operations, data and
systems
Qualifications:
=95 10+ years in software engineering and architecture.
=95 Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
=95 Expert in software architecture principles.
=95 Strong verbal and written communication skills.
=95 Expert in programming languages, especially Java and C++.
=95 Experience with Web Technologies (Apache, AJAX, HTML, JavaScript,
HTTP, SOAP, XML).
=95 Excellent skills in influencing, resolving conflicts and leadership.
"Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is
respected and recognized worldwide. Our people shape and create future
technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We
offer a dynamic learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency,
with endless opportunities for competence development. We reward the
results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces
the uniqueness of everyone's life. Our resources support the mobile
way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it
suits your career and personal demands.
Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and
LinkedIn NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the
latest opportunities and news.
Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as
medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an industry-leading 401k
plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee
programs. Nokia understands the importance of juggling professional
and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement
in work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to
continuously develop their skills and competencies in order to stay at
the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live
out and enjoy Nokia technology on a daily basis.
Reply to
Nokia
Your associating with Microsoft is the biggest mistake your company ever made.
mike
Reply to
m II