Sr. Software Architect - Nokia - San Diego

Position: Sr. Software Architect Req #: SWA00000043 Company: Nokia Location: San Diego

"Connecting People" is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile solutions world.

Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.

We are looking for an experienced software architect with hands-on development experience to join the dynamic team. In this role, you work closely with interdisciplinary team to translate user requirements into elegant designs and end-to-end solutions. You will take the ownership of the software design and architecture management for our innovative solutions. You have proven ability to understand and manage complex software designs and frameworks including their configurability, modularity and interfaces.

You must excel at both working independently as well as in a group setting. Analyzing and solving problems are also key components to your success. Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all technological advances is crucial. You must also be an excellent communicator, able to explain your work in layman's terms to clients and colleagues who are not information technology professionals.

Core Responsibilities: =95 Translate business needs into technology solutions. =95 Work closely with product management and engineering teams to define the platform architecture. =95 Drive technical designs to consensus and approval across a cross- functional organization. =95 Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership in order to shape our platform architecture strategy. =95 Translate architecture design to high level design documents for SW development. =95 Hands-on development and testing of the defined architecture and solution. =95 Facilitate code reviews. =95 Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices =95 Enforce engineering principles and practices. =95 Mentor product, engineering and architecture teams on architecture topics =95 Ability to zoom in while working with engineers, and at the same time zoom out to communicate effectively with executives. =95 Enterprise Architect for Services. =95 Work with architecture stakeholders - security, operations, data and systems Qualifications: =95 10+ years in software engineering and architecture. =95 Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent qualification. =95 Expert in software architecture principles. =95 Strong verbal and written communication skills. =95 Expert in programming languages, especially Java and C++. =95 Experience with Web Technologies (Apache, AJAX, HTML, JavaScript, HTTP, SOAP, XML). =95 Excellent skills in influencing, resolving conflicts and leadership. "Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits your career and personal demands.

Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and LinkedIn NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the latest opportunities and news.

Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an industry-leading 401k plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs. Nokia understands the importance of juggling professional and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement in work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and competencies in order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia technology on a daily basis.

Reply to
Nokia

Your associating with Microsoft is the biggest mistake your company ever made.

mike

Reply to
m II