Stud detector.

Want to buy a quality stud detector with voltage detection.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Hello

Ignoring the content of your post and just going by the title...

Raises hand... ;-]

Looks to me like the post works. :-]

Reply to
JoeBloe

imho,

I picked up a Zircon StudSensor Pro LCD, it seems to be working fine for me.

Have to becareful, it's not for tracing lines, and fails on the side of caution with AC detection.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

I have a good one I bought at sears. I believe it's a craftsman branded one, but I can't find a link to the exact one right now, but it has a large LCD display on it. I bought this one because I can set it to 1/2", 1", and 1.5" depths, which I needed. My house uses mostly plaster or plaster on top of drywall (for a total thickness of about an inch) and it still works good if you pick the right setting.

I believe the one I have is very similiar to this one:

And my house uses armored cable, and since the armor is grounded it doesn't detect the AC very good though.

Reply to
scott21230

The problem with stud detectors and me is battery life. Every time I get near one it starts beeping and the light nearly blow out..............

Reply to
Long Ranger

Stud detector, not DuD detector.

;)

tom @

Tom The Great

The three stages of a man's life: stud, dud, thud.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman