telephone extensions

Can any one please help me,I am trying to connect to to extension sockets from my master box, and have no idea which colour wire goes ,where ?.so far the info i have received, has not been written in lay man terms.

Thanks Gareth

Reply to
Gareth

Remember that Google is your friend:

Basically though, the actual colours don't matter nearly as much as making sure that the same colours go to the same number pin at each end of the wire (and in the middle if you are connecting more than one extension).

If you find it works fine as a telephone (including the telephone rings when you get a call) but you get wierdo effects with ADSL broadband - then take the "mostly blue" wire and swap it with the "mostly brown" wire AT EVERY CONNECTION POINT.

HTH

Sue

Reply to
Palindr☻me