The CFA de-bagged (Was: Re: First "Del" and now "D'Alembertian"!)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:38:57 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards" Gave us:

Ever heard of a diversity receiver?

Reply to
TokaMundo

"Roy Lewallen" wrote -

Think

charlatans.

===============================

Roy, I'm thinking of occasionally changing 'old wives' to 'charlatans'. It may sometimes better fit the circumstances.

Reply to
Reg Edwards

"Cecil Moore" said,

As it was quite true you just as well could have said it. So I didn't take the trouble to correct the minor error.

Sorry Roy. === Reg.

Reply to
Reg Edwards

==============================

You seem to enjoy starting useless arguments. Are you a troll? Spacial or frequency diversity? Leave me out of it.

Reply to
Reg Edwards

I am not aware of a damper ever being considered a storage device. Capacitance is equivalent to mass, Inductance is equivalent to a spring, and resistance equivalent to a damper. Am I missing something?

Anyway will read later posts and see what I can get out of it.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:24:29 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards" Gave us:

You're retarded to think that asking that question is an attempt to start an argument. It was an honest question.

This is even more retarded.

Spacial, dufus... it relates. If you are aware of the type, you should have already known the answer. Unless all you did was a simple google. That would make you simple.

Not a problem... You don't rate anyway after this baby bullshit post.

Reply to
TokaMundo

Is this what you are talking about?

"The same analogy applies to springs and to shock absorbers; the spring stores energy when stretched; the shock-absorber stores energy when compressed. Both the spring and shock absorber will return energy at some time and this exhibit reactance!"

I think we have been at cross purposes. The above is nonsense.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Beanie's bum chum

Well done! You've mastered the art of cut & paste. What's next, a black belt in Origami?

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:40:15 GMT, "Frank" Gave us:

Shock absorbers store no energy. They are pure dampers which dampen more in one direction than the other.

Gas filled shocks, and spring-over-shocks are another story.

Reply to
TokaMundo

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:51:11 GMT, Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI Gave us:

Chimay Gold Belgian Ale... The slurry of the gods...

Gimmie two pints, please...

Reply to
TokaMundo

Oh, boy! Then maybe before long I'll be able to add "RC" to my impressive and growing list of titles!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Reply to
Roy Lewallen

Thanks for posting the entire article again. That shows the level of your intelligence.

How many bags do you get through in a month?

Reply to
Nedlar

Nope. But the OP, now posting as 'Polymath', had said "The same analogy applies to springs and to shock absorbers; the spring stores energy when stretched; the shock-absorber stores energy when compressed. Both the spring and shock absorber will return energy at some time and this exhibit reactance!"

But the shock-absorber stores...nothing, and can return nothing. It therefore cannot have the mechanical equivalent of reactance, and cannot therefore be a part of a frequency-determining mechanism. He had failed to appreciate the property of mass - a rather fundamental point. That is why I said he was an idiot - a claim I see no reason to change.

from Aero Spike

Reply to
Spike

Exactly! That was the point, repeatedly made by others, at the time of the original posting.

from Aero Spike

Reply to
Spike

Which is exactly what you said in your original posting. The fact is I should have read it more carefully.

Regards,

Frank

Reply to
Frank

Beanie's Bum Chum How many bags do you get through in a month?

What's your problem? Frustrated now Beanie's got a job during the week? Never mind, I don't suppose it will last long.

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

What's your problem? Run out of bags?

Reply to
Nedlar

No, I've got plenty. Do you want some?

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

And they say something like "not to be used for identification" right on the cards. The way things are going, we will probably all need to carry passports before long.

Reply to
Bob Nielsen

Yeah. They say all sorts of things over here too.

Internal passports... nice Tsarist idea, kept up by the KGB.

This must be boring people who haven't killfiled us all who are looking for a discussion on aerials or electrical engineering (don't worry about being off topic on uk.radio.amateur - *we* all are) so I'd best QRT on this here breaker channel.

Reply to
Gerard Lynch