TI Inside

There is a story circulating that the semiconductor chips
made by Texas Instruments contain so many toxic chemicals
and are out-gassing fumes that they can be used to
exterminate bugs simply by tossing several TI chips in
back of the refrigerator, back of under-sink cabinets,
etc. The term "TI Inside" has come to be a warning label
meaning 'Toxic Instruments Inside'.
Reply to
TI Inside
The previous message was brought to you by Fabulous Foil Hats. Afraid of aliens? Worried about government mind control? Want better reception on your radio? Buy a custom designed foil hat from Fabulous Foil Hats. We will never belittle your paranoia, we support it.
Charles Perry P.E.
Reply to
Charles Perry
I use 7400 series IC"s for ant traps also sometimes when the gophers are bad I scatter a few op amps and D/A's around.
Nothing works better
Regards
Daveb
Reply to
DaveB
i think a lot of bugs could be killed with an SR-10 if you threw it hard enough.
i'd be more scared of leaking ni-cads.
Reply to
TimPerry
LMAO!!!!!!!!
Very well said.
Chris
Reply to
Chris
Plus, Radio Shack loves the business..
Reply to
Skenny
The DLP (Digital Light Processing) chips from Texas Instruments used in projectors and televisions have a glass window, a 'getter', and a special atmosphere containing 17 different gases for lubricating the aluminum mirrors. These are very large packages. The gases leak from the package. HD1, HD2, HD3, 0.7xXGA, 0.9SVGA, etc.
"All DLP projectors run hot, and I suspect this heat produced an unusual amount of outgassing from the Sharp's internal components."
"This outgassing causes contamination on the color wheel."
The bugs behind your refrigerator are like the mine canaries of years ago. When the bugs die, it's time to get the TI chips out of the house.
The TI Inside (Toxic Instruments Inside) warning label should be printed on everything using TI's DLP chips, e.g. , your DLP projector, your DLP TV, etc.
Still think this is an Urban Legend?
LCD Rules !!! Plasma Rules !!! DLP Outgases !!!
============================
Reply to
TI Inside
The DLP (Digital Light Processing) chips from Texas Instruments used in projectors and televisions have a glass window, a 'getter', and a special atmosphere containing 17 different gases for lubricating the aluminum mirrors. These are very large packages. The gases leak from the package. HD1, HD2, HD3, 0.7XGA, 0.9SVGA, etc.
"All DLP projectors run hot, and I suspect this heat produced an unusual amount of outgassing from the Sharp's internal components."
"This outgassing causes contamination on the color wheel."
The bugs behind your refrigerator are like the mine canaries of years ago. When the bugs die, it's time to get the TI chips out of the house.
The TI Inside (Toxic Instruments Inside) warning label should be printed on everything using TI's DLP chips, e.g. , your DLP projector, your DLP TV, etc.
Still think this is an Urban Legend?
LCD Rules !!! Plasma Rules !!! DLP Outgases !!!
Reply to
TI Inside