uk mains voltage classifications

Can anyone tell me what the uk mains voltage classifications are.

i.e. what range of voltages are covered by low, medium, & high voltage ?

TIA,

woodglass

Reply to
woodglass

Low below 11 kV Medium below 132 kV High 132 - 400 kV

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

Low voltage 50-1000V A.C. and high voltage 1000V-52000V A.C.

Reply to
Bert

So DC doesn't count?

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

Extra-low voltage -- not exceeding 50 V AC or 120 V ripple free DC. Low voltage -- exceeding extra-low voltage, but not exceeding 1000 V AC or 1500 V DC. High voltage -- exceeding low voltage.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The question has already been answered by an earlier posting, but my comments relate to the statements regarding extra low voltage. According to IEC/EN 60950-1 ELV are voltage levels that do not exceed 42.4V peak or 60V DC. The European Low Voltage Directive applies to voltages between 50 - 1000VAC and 75 - 1500VDC, anything higher is high voltage and anything lower is low voltage.

BillB

Reply to
billb