UK Source for 110V, 600VA UPS

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a UK source of a 110V, 600VA UPS
TIA,
woodglass...

Hi TIA
Try the Belkin website at http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?Section_Id 1478
BillB
On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 01:32:03 -0700 (PDT) woodglass
| Can anyone point me in the right direction of a UK source of a 110V, | 600VA UPS | | TIA, | | woodglass...
Can anyone point me in the right direction of a US source of a 230V, 600VA UPS
TIA,
ka9wgn...
     snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net writes:

I used to look after some midrange Sun systems in a US computer lab, and they were all 240V running on UPS's. I don't have a record of what make/model the UPS's were, but they must be available. These ones were probably something more like 2kW though.
--
Andrew Gabriel
| snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net writes: |> On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 01:32:03 -0700 (PDT) woodglass
Liebert used to make a 1800VA one, but they quit. Most of the "high voltage" UPSes seem to be for 208 volts (the 120 degree split from three phase here). Some do have specs that say they can operate at 240 volts. But it seems the big factor constraining the designs is the desired to include a bypass switch. An EU 230 volt model could have problems with a bypass switch, depending on how it is grounded, with the US split 120+120 style 240 volts. While Schuko plugs can be reversed and things on the continent have to be able to handle that, the UPS can simply detect the reversal from where it wants to be and refuse to run. When the UPS is producing a derived power system, it has to ground one of the wires somewhere. And that would be in the middle if it is going to produce USA style 240 volts. OTOH, I wouldn't care if I get UPS output with one of the 2-wires grounded, since computers can handle that OK (they do in UK with the same PSUs). The problem is powering a UPS with the split 240 volt system. That could do funny things with the bypass switch (which, ironically, I don't care for).
It looks like I will ultimately end up with a larger 3kVA 240 volt UPS and run several computers on the one, each at 240 volts. I have not decided if it is better to step that down to 120 volts for the few things that can only take 120 volts, or run a separate circuit with separate 120 volt UPS. I am thinking about issues like voltage surge difference between these circuits so I'm leaning towards the step down transformer. The 120-only loads are mostly just a few wall warts. Other things like a fan and lights are not going to be connected to the computer wiring, so those can be on their own 120 volt circuit. The air-conditioner will be on whatever it needs.