UK, Part P Question

Here is the problem

I have C&G 236 pt1, pt2, ptC (1&2) & degree in EE.

I am the NICEIC pdh & qs for the company I work for.

I am now about to rewire my mates house ( after work )

How do I do it and keep the paperwork straight ????

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

Anyone can carry out notifiable electrical work, as in this case, providing that they notify their local authority before carrying out the work and pay the fee, they will probably arrange for installation checks and a test and inspection upon completion. Jaymack

Reply to
John McLean

Note that the local authority is not permitted to charge you extra for the inspection, nor to ask you to get it done at your expense. Some were doing this, but Part P has been reissued to make it clear this is forbidden. They might accept an inspection certificate from you (local authority does not need to use Part P registered inspectors), but since it won't save you any money, you might decide not to bother and get them to inspect.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If you are the qs and the pdh then should know the answer.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Not really, I'm doing this outside of work. The NIC stuff only is only valid when I'm at work.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

Ask your NIC inspector. He should know the answer. By the way I'm NICEIC Business unit QS for a large commercial orginsation, we don't do domestic but i still know the answer.

Gav

Reply to
Gavin Parsons

Thank you for your very informative answer to my question.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

Thank you for your answers. I think I will test the installation myself. Its just been a real job finding anything about this from my local council. I've phoned them, emailed them... no one there really seems very sure of what the situation is.

Some local authorities seem more switched on with it than others. Some local authorities have 'electrical works' building notification forms, where am my local council (broadland) don't really seem to know what I'm talking about and told me just to use the standard building notification form.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick