VGA to digital video (MPEG, etc) encoder IC?

Hello guys,
I am researching a project that requires the conversion of an analog video signal from the VGA output of a PC to a digital video signal
that may be reprocessed by another PC (MPEG, or any other usable digital video format).
I figured that I could avoid having to design a this functional element from scratch by locating an IC on the market that has already been designed to perform this type of function. Unfortunately, I have had a great deal of trouble locating any such component.
If anybody knows of any component or any other information that may assist me in performing this function of my project please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@larino.net. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Rob L