Video display replacment?

I have a CNC lathe eBay special that I'm trying to get running. It has a 9" green screen monitor that is giving me a vertical bar approximately 3/4"
wide from the top to the bottom of the screen. There are 12V power wires going to the monitor and a 4 signal wires. The 4 signal wires are supposed to be H sync, V sync, video, and a common. I checked the monitor OEM and they can sell me a replacment for $1,300!
I'm trying to figure out a way to use a different monitor, any ideas? I thought perhaps a 9" Monochrome VGA monitor, or perhaps there is some kind of signal converter to give me a composite video output. Anyone here familiar with video signals and what this may be compatible with?
Here's a link to the OEM unit http://www.computrondisplay.com/products/115dmx.html
Of course repair is an option but I hate to be tied to a monitor that costs $1,300 to replace, I'd prefer to convert to something more reasonable.
Thanks!
RogerN
Roger_N wrote:

That's a really simple circuit. Take it to any electronics servicing shop and they'll have it going in no time. A DB9 ended cable shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to assemble. Another idea would be to seek out a tech dismantler in the yellow pages. Another idea would be to look for a larger screened EGA/CGA monochrome monitor.
:-)Peter