Watlow 935A-1CC0 temperature controller problem

Here's a Watlow 935A-1CC0 that's got me stumped with a problem I'll bet someone has already dealt with.

I can't get past the Front Panel Lock (FPL) to access any menus to set anything!

At power on 00:00 is displayed, followed by ambient temperature.

Pressing the Up & Down buttons at the same time doesn't get me to the menu.

Hold Set & press either Up or Down button and the display alternates between

1085 & 205.

Here's how the PID is wired;

1 & 2 - RTD leads 3 & 4 - 68 ohm .5w resistor 5 - negative lead to SSS 6 - positive lead to SSR 7 & 8 - line in

I tried disconnecting #1 lead to RTD to force an error because a white paper on the Watlow site says that errors override the FPL. An error was displayed (ER 4) but when I tried to access the menu while the error was displayed - nothing, nada.

So how do I get past the 00:00 being displayed and get to the configuration menu? BTW: I'm also checking with Watlow, but no joy yet!

Reply to
Tex