What is it with Unions?

But, the fact is that *many* companies do just exactly that, and OSHA never catches up with them.

Which isn't really surprising. I had an OSHA inspector tell me that disposing of a few dozen gallons of battery acid was actually easy... just neutralize it with baking soda, and "then it's not a hazardous substance anymore, you can pour it down the drain if you like".

He told me that right after describing how his real ambition wasn't OSHA, but law enforcement. He just couldn't get anyone to hire him as a cop though...

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY CARE NOW? . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

wHERE i worked when an engineer lifted a screw driver there had to be a union member there who could have done the job.

But give the companies the chance and we will be back to slave labor. . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BUSHBADEE

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net, Al at snipped-for-privacy@here.com wrote on 11/6/03 5:50 AM:

Actually that is not all bad. It is great to have a union guy do that kind of work. The problem is that it does not get don until two days from now.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Decimal

Where's the Power Point Viewer for Linux??? ;-)

Reply to
BG

There are occasions where you have to do a temp fix so a customer will have power. Take a main breaker buring up and taking part of the buss with it. The emergency call comes in a 7PM. You do a temp fix then return ASAP and replace the panel.

Reply to
Jeff Warren III