Why NOT to touch power lines.

? "Rich." ?????? ??? ?????? news:X1fXl.7147$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad...

Cetenary in all new systems is 25 kV, 50 Hz. In 'old" lines in Switzerland, Germany and Austria used to be 15 kV, 16 2/3 Hz wth its own power stations, and transmission lines. The traction motors are supplied directly with a multi-tapped transformer (single phase), which is forced air, oil cooled. Normally, an engine (locomotive) has 4 motors each 1 MW, that is ~6000 HP. Impulse current when the train starts is hundreds of Amperes. The execution current on an electric chair is 20 A at 2500 Volts AC, so at 25 kV should be more than 200 A, probably enough for a breaker to open and reclose, since he didn't let go before the two flashes and audible bangs.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

He DID let go between two contact events. He just did not lower his hand... very far.

The "execution current" as you put it, on an electric chair, is with fully wetted, large surface area contact points.

This was a single point of contact entry through dry skin (at least for a millisecond), and the exit was two bare , dry feet.

I doubt seriously that he loaded the system at 200 Amps at that voltage through that entry point. Far less, in fact. It became less and less as his body frazzled dry too. It instantly boils your salty blood, and that is the conduction path inside the body. His head and his legs were afire. And it didn't even pass through his head.

Reply to
ItsASecretDummy

How does charred steaming carbon compare in el,ecgtric conductivity?

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

I think he drew more current on the first pass, and then his resistance waned until he fell. He was certainly above flesh flash point temp.

That says a lot. What? 3 seconds through 130 Lb body fed by a five pound feeder limb, grounded by a 15 Lb egress limb (maybe two, but mostly through one).

I think the limbs alone lost resistance and fried to a crisp, even if the main body only got warm and saucy and kept its resistance value.

Reply to
ItsASecretDummy

"ItsASecretDummy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Which, internally, is quite low.

Reply to
Don Kelly

in

YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY FUCKED UP THIS USENET GROUP

I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF YOURSELF YOU SHAMEFUL FUCKTARDS WITH ALL THE PAYPAL JUNK AND ALL YOU HAD TO GETR RID OF THE ONL;Y REAL ADVOCATE YOU HAD

ENJOY WHAT IS LEFT OF YOURSELVES

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
Proteus IIV

YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY FUCKED UP THIS USENET GROUP

I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF YOURSELF YOU SHAMEFUL FUCKTARDS WITH ALL THE PAYPAL JUNK AND ALL YOU HAD TO GETR RID OF THE ONL;Y REAL ADVOCATE YOU HAD

ENJOY WHAT IS LEFT OF YOURSELVES

Then why don't you just leave. You contribute nothing. You SHOUT ALL THE TIME. You brag about your homosexual exploits, which is more appropriate for some p*rn group. You complain incessantly.

Just go away.

Reply to
daestrom

--------------- Proteus in all his incarnations desperately wants attention. He has nothing to contribute. It is doubtful whether he has any thing to brag about in reality (++ , +-, --). He gets his rocks off when you respond as then his crap is repeated when one opens a response with your name attached, Life is much easier if you simply kill-file him/her/it -then you are not exposed to his garbage.

It took me a while to realize this.

Reply to
Don Kelly

Don,

Unfortunately EnergyAustralia does not permit a newsgroup reader on the system (IT rules!) and so I can only access via Google, No kill file ability...bummer :( SO i have to put up with his garbage.

kind regards

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

You're an idiot. You do not have to read ANY post that you do not want to read.

Your service provider does not HAVE a news server and therefore does not have news service setting for you. You can, however, subscribe to ANY news service you want, and there is nothing they can say about what f****ng client software you run on your box. If they "can", then your government has their hands in your pockets on this crap provider as well.

If they do, you and anyone else there with half a brain should be pushing for legislation against their practices.

If this is that dial up retard that came from the US to gouge the piss out of your entire nation by being the only dial up provider there for the past several years, he should be rode out of town on a rail. A rail with a nice, sharp edge.

If you have a broadband provider now, and they are throttling your access this way, it'd be time to hire a hit squad on them.

In a year or two, you will likely be able to get satellite service access.

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

OK. many thanks for that information. I will forward it to our IT department. I will hire the aforementioned (by you) hit-squad...and wait for the police to come and escort me out of the building with all my personal belongings. I doubt whether the company would even know I'd gone considering what an idiot I am and considering I have less than half a brain. What could I have been thinking all these years...just wanted to keep my job that I quite enjoy as a senior engineer in 'distribution mains engineering sevices' (special projects section) so I could pay child support, mortgage, rent, storage as well as feed and cloth myself. Stupid really when I could be sitting outside parliment house demanding a better internet service for Australia. Well let me tell you I will certainly follow your advice so I can read newsgroups without the anal loving proteus's comments. It'll be worth losing my job and house etc....well worth it. Would you care to visit my cardboard box in Canberra one of these days if you are passing this way. I'd appreciate the visit. Thanks for the helpful advice, regards, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

If you are posting from work, even through google, they should simply shitcan your ass anyway.

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

Not the company I work for. As long as I earn, they can give a shit what I do.

Reply to
Curtis Brown

The problem that I face is that the public owned utility that I work for has about 8,000 employees. Since the early 90's when engineers were removed from running it...by act of state government...and is now being run by a 'corporate' division...which has a large 'human resources' division manned by...need i go on? Suffice to say all i's are dotted and all t's are crossed...and everything has to accountable and transparent. I am not making a judgement here...it's just the way it is. And the IT division controls everything under corporate. It ain't how it used to be,,,and I sure ain't gonna put my job at risk for the sake of usenet/newsgroups. Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

Then why did you try to do just that? DOH!

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

age

i haven't. it's not against company policy to use newsgroups...but to follow your advice and suggest they change the company policy in accordance with your company might be unwise. By the way you forgot to tell me what company you work for...or is it only a figment of your imagination?

Reply to
Daniel

Yes... imagination. My creditors accept figment leaves for payment all the time.

How do you manage to be even more retarded than Roy is?

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

Oh, THAT company!...the one you cannot reveal the name of...yea right...don't make me laugh. Put up or shut up. I am eager to know the name of the company that I would not last 5 minutes in.

Reply to
Daniel

You're an idiot.

Sorry, but pissy little retarded punks like you do not need to know.

You're an idiot. That is what is right.

Fuck off. Do you actually think that is what I want to make you do? A better bet would be that I would want to make you discontinue breathing.

Fuck off, or... oh yeah... f*ck off. Bwuahahahahah!

You wouldn't/couldn't even get hired. You very likely do not qualify for any of our available positions, and we currently do not need a toilet scrubber punk, punk. And that is all you qualify for, from what I have seen.

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox