Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

get connected and share ideas at www.UPworld.com
UPworld provides a new and exciting way for real estate and building professionals to meet each other and make valuable business connections online! UPworld is the first website to connect architects,...
1
1

Mingle with the World with UPworld
UPworld provides a new and exciting way for real estate and building professionals to meet each other and make valuable business connections online! UPworld is the first website to connect architects,...

diy brushless controller designs for RC
Goedendag ;-) Several diy brushless controller designs for RC e-flight: discussion, active: group: groeten ;) Ron van Sommeren int.electric fly-in, Nijmegen, Netherlands

Sizing Neutrals for Switching Power Supply Loads -Guy Macon
You are incorrect. The above is only true in the special case where the loads have current waveforms that cancel, such as resistive loads, matched inductive loads, or power-factor-corrected power...
3
3

Electric Range Wiring Upgrade 3 wire to 4 wire.
I have an electric range wired with a three conductor circuit. My new range has the option for a separate ground conductor. Can I run fourth insulated conductor adjacent to the existing 3 wire romex...
4
4

Statistica Sinica newly-accepted articles (Nov. 2007)
Dear All, I am attaching a list of Statistica Sinica newly accepted articles. All accepted but yet to be published articles can be found at: click on Preprint Articles.) For those articles whose full-...

Grounded neutral in an old sub-panel
The existing (old) sub-panel is fed by 2 phases and an uninsulated neutral conductor. There is no ground bus, return conductor to the service entrance, nor connection to a ground rod. The conductors...
68
68

Onan OTPC ATS voltage conversion
I have converted an Onan 400 Amp 480V OTPC to 240V single phase (my residence). The actuator motor is a 208V (don't know wattage) single phase and it is struggling to make the contacts upon transfer....
3
3

breadboard basics
Hello, I am getting started with microcontrollers and have a presumably very simple problem. I have a constant current of 5V coming from my microcontroller* and want to program the microcontroller to...
4
4

Outdoor extension cord
Hello, I have a critical requirement to prevent a birdbath from freezing via a birdbath heater. I had an outdoor GFI outlet installed but am going to need an extension cord. It needs to be able to...
25
25

card reader help
hi i am building a prepaid system and i need to read from a smart card into some eeprom i am using a pic micro controller for the proj i have a card socket(where i will insert the card ) and i have...

110 V AC To 9 V dc Wal-Wart Question
Hello, Not an EE, so please bear with me. (just a poor ME trying to learn something about the other world) Just got a new handheld radio scanner, and it comes with the typical wall-wart which you plug...
1
1

Anyone remember the forum at the Dilbert website for discussing crazy ideas/concept?
I remember a forum that was related to the Dilbert website that discussed inventions, how to improve products, and crazy concepts. Some of the posts were ridiculous while others were quite serious....
2
2

Opening for Microprocessor RLM-Engineer
Post: Processor RLM Engineer Job Description: The Candidate Needs to Work with the Micro Processor Development Team with our Client Semicon R&D Lab. Desired Skill Set: # 3+ years of active hands on...

Electrical Engineer Positions
ABCO Automation, Inc., located in Brown Summit, NC, is seeking both an experienced Electrical Engineer. Contract and full-time positions available. Responsibilities include designing and implementing...