Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

is roommate right about the cost of turning heat (gas) on briefly in the morning?
This morning it was a little cold, so I turned the heat on while I was in the shower. This uses natural gas. Our house is not large, maybe 1200 sq feet or so. Is it true that in terms of actually...
56
56

dot matrix lcd tutorial
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to program one of those dot matrix lcd displays? I'm not talking about those 2 or 4 line displays where write in the letters, I'm refering to...
1
1

Bonding advice
Hello to all and thanks for any help you can provide me. Some time back I looked into installing a wifi antenna on the outside of my brick office building here in town. I would offer free wifi to the...
4
4

Relay Symbol ?
Hi, Have a forced hot water system for home heating that uses the typical 2 wire Honeywell thermostat to control a Honeywell RA832A switching relay. The switching relay closes the circuit to the...
2
2

POWER FACTOR
On a balanced 3 phase given kw and V: To find Current: (kW x 1000) / (E x PF) = amps I have a 208v, 50/60Hz, 9kW, 3 PH kw=9 E=208 PF=??? I know PF = cos(theta) or PF (3 PH) = Input Watts / (E x I x...
6
6

Electrical Problems
Can I ask about a residential electrical problem on this group ? Thanks..Howie

Broken Flat Screen Monitor
I have a 15" Envision flat screen monitor that has a picture for about 10- seconds during initial powering then dims to almost nothing afterwards. I'm unfamilar with how flat screens work and not sure...
1
1

Putting commercial quote in perspective
Doing some electrical work in a commercial building and have been told to use the buildings approved electrical contractor. The quote he gave me seems outrageous, and I wanted to see what people...
4
4

Holy Moly -- Residual Electricity????
| They discharge, but it can take some time depending on the capacitors. | A few minutes is not at all unusual. Yes, indeedy. I have a Heathkit AR-1500 (amp receiver) that, when powered off playing...
23
23

Ancient adVertising (big free collection)
Hi. We are mounting a web of ancient advertising (from the XIX century to the 80´s) and there is a a lost ofposters and badges that could interest you. Tehere is ads about ebery subject (cars,...

Dimensions in equations
I'm reading from an electrical engineering book that some voltage v(t) is given by: v(t) = sin(1000*t) where t is the time Isn't this expression, strictly speaking, incorrect? How can we find the sine...
12
12

Slip ring induction motor fault
What would the current curve of the stator of a slip ring induction motor look like if the resistive load of the rotor suddenly rose towards infinity? I imagine it would behave like the primary...
2
2

How to disable charger circuit on APC UPS
Hello, I have this question posted in another group as well but I figured I'd give you folks a shot at it. I have two APC rackmount ups units. One is a 2200XL model which has a larger internal charger...
3
3

Direct current distribution
Are there any regions of New York City or elsewhere where power transmission is mostly by direct current at approximately 110/220 volts? Bill
10
10

lightening arresters in airplanes
Can some one tell about the lightening arresters in airplanes. Thanks ams
3
3