Accessing lugnet.com newsgroups

Has lugnet.com stopped supporting newsreaders? I cannot seem to connect any more, and port 119 doesn't seem to be open on lugnet.com. I cannot see anything on the site about it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Nick Rout

Read this:

-Jordan Bradford

Reply to
Jordan Bradford

Sorry I can't help directly (I don't access Lugnet via NNTP), but since they have a web interface I expect the fastest way to get an answer is to post there yourself (via the web) in the NNTP group and ask.

I have a vague recollection that there were some recent changes to the way NNTP users are authenticated, but I don't remember the details (Lugnet experienced a DOS attack a few weeks ago).

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Johnston

It works for me.

Anyone know of a way that I can eliminate the need to approve every darn post I send?

I haven't ever had to cancel a post - so the authentication is pretty useless for me.

Even if I did post something in error, I could just cancel it through the NNTP client.

Reply to
Neb Okla

thanks Jordam, infact I found that about 10 minutes after I posted here :-)

Reply to
Nick Rout