cannot remember lego research project name

In about December 2004 / January 2005 I came across a lego project
where the lego structure self evolved on computer based on the
location of a mass, then the user was able to build it.
They had a java applet, where you set the base plate and where the
mass had to be held and the software would calculate where to put the
blocks. This was 2d only.
They also had a picture of a 3d model which the software had created
and it was sprial in shape. You couldn't access the 3d modelling
software, only the 2d version.
Does anyone know the name of this project or the website?
Thanks
Reply to
BalaclavaBoB
I'm not sure if this is the site you are referencing, but it discusses EvoCad and the evolutionary Lego crane.

On 4/30/05 5:56 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@post> In about December 2004 / January 2005 I came across a lego project
Reply to
Sherri Johnson

Site Timeline