cannot remember lego research project name

In about December 2004 / January 2005 I came across a lego project where the lego structure self evolved on computer based on the location of a mass, then the user was able to build it.

They had a java applet, where you set the base plate and where the mass had to be held and the software would calculate where to put the blocks. This was 2d only.

They also had a picture of a 3d model which the software had created and it was sprial in shape. You couldn't access the 3d modelling software, only the 2d version.

Does anyone know the name of this project or the website?

Thanks

Reply to
BalaclavaBoB

I'm not sure if this is the site you are referencing, but it discusses EvoCad and the evolutionary Lego crane.

Sherri Johnson

Or try this:

I bookmarked this site years ago.

ws