Duplo vs LEGO

I've been going though the boxes removing the Tyco and Megablocks and found a bunch of blocks that are identical except that some are labelled DUPLO others are labelled LEGO.

Am I correct to assume that the LEGO bricks are older than the Duplo ?

-- Collector of Vintage Computers

Mike Kenzie

Looking for some old TYCO bricks. Are you going to auction them off?

Already have too many megablocks.

Mike Kenzie wrote:

bunch of blocks that are identical except that some are

Reply to
Robert Bell

Mike, You are quite correct, in the early days before duplo became an identification brand all duplo was stamped lego. I just had a look at some of my daughters duplo from the early seventies and inside the studs are stamped lego, not duplo. Scott Hodges snipped-for-privacy@msn.com.au

found a bunch of blocks that are identical except that some are

Reply to
Scott Hodges