sounds on mindstorms nxt barely audible

The sounds on my robot are barely audible. How do I get louder sounds Mary

Reply to
tombates

Sorry to ask the obvious, but do you have the volume control on the Sound Block set to a small number? At a volume of 75, mine is quite audible. Kerry

Reply to
KERRY MONTGOMERY

Reply to
tombates

Is the start up tune also barely audible? I can hear mine from about 40 feet away in a quiet house. Kerry

Reply to
KERRY MONTGOMERY

Reply to
tombates

Could you have the volume on the NXT-G block set low? That would explain a normal or loud start-up sound (set by the default on-brick) but a very soft sound from a program block.

Another thing to note is that the loudness seems to vary a good bit from NXT to NXT; I have four, and all sem to have slight variations in the sound levels (well, between three that matter; one is an earlier beta model that may have different internals).

Reply to
brdavis