Text in LEGO Drawings

Hi
I'm looking for a Lego 3D CAD program which will allow me to add text to drawings, preferably on the surface of bricks so that it looks as
if the bricks have writing on them.
I looked at Lego's own CAD system and couldn't find any way of adding such text, and the MLCad documentation is silent on the topic.
Suggestions ?
Thanks
Mark
Mark Westwood wrote:

You probably want one of the bitmap to dat utilities. I don't use any myself so not sure which is the best.
--
Dean Earley, Dee ( snipped-for-privacy@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/
Mark Westwood wrote:

In BlockCAD (see sig) you can create parts with an arbitrary bitmap on one side. OTOH, BlockCAd is more limited in the placement of parts than the other LEGO CAD programs (studs up, straight placement). OTTH, BlockCAD is *very* easy to build with, and you can export your models in LDRAW format and load them into the other editors (without the bitmaps, though).
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD: http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm

Look at the LDRAW website: www.ldraw.org
Failing that, try asking in the CAD group(s) on Lugnet: on www.lugnet.com
Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

I have put text on bricks using the 3005.dat alphabet and a bit of manual editing of parts. You can see the result here:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Om_LEGO/3001.dk/3001.dk-logo.mpd
Play well,
Jacob
--
LEGO furniture:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/By/M%F8bler /

Good to see I'm not the only "old timer" still hanging around here, although I don't think I was ever quite as active as you. ;-)
Jeff