Dimensional Drawings On-Line

Just a reminder, all Aerotech RMS motor assembly and dimensional drawings are available on the Aerotech website, listed under RESOURCES @ aerotech-rocketry.com

The nozzle drawings showing the un-drilled versions are on the RCS website @ rocketmotorparts.com

Only one customer has asked me to burn a CD with all of these PDF's, and if you only have a dial-up connection (as I do) it can be too much to download more than a few. If you contact me by my e-mail I could burn a CD and send it to you also.

There is too much information on the blueprints to include on the instruction sheets, and I would prefer to see the correct information used for reference rather than from other sources. If there was enough 'positive' feedback, I could make a reference sheet with a listing. Make sure you put the topic of Blueprints in your email subject, as I tend to delete all emails unless they are highlighted (in my address book).

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Make a friggin ascii text table of the critical data IN EACH RELOAD.

Delay length, nozzle throat, and whatever the next two most requested items are.

Jerry

I put errortech into business!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

jerry, you sure do like your baloney sliced thick.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You can keep your errortech, I'll stick with Aerotech (and Cesaroni, Ellis, etc.)

Reply to
RayDunakin

Are there any drawings of the kits? The reason I ask is I'd like to make a high power version of the Strong Arm. NOT modify a kit but recreate it out of stronger materials to handle the higher power. The ony problem is the instructions don't really have any good drawings for pulling dimensions from so I was wondering if there blueprints were available.

Thanks for any info and if the kit blueprints aren't public info I understand.

-Scott Ferrin

Reply to
Scott Ferrin

If you have rocksim you can always grab the rocksim file from EMRR and get the measurements off of that. If not contact me privately and I can send you a PDF of the fin printout from rocksim.(to contact me privately remove mapson from the email address)

Reply to
Zak Orion

Joel Corwith

I would have loved to have thoses about a year ago.

Drop the "007" for email.

Reply to
SkyPirate

Those drawings are way cool. How come I don't have the knurling option in my cad program? It even looks like the propellant grain has the proper AP texture! The cutaway view of that aft closure is great, aluminum on the inside and gold anodize on the outside. I'm very jealous :-) Maybe I need to add Renderworks to Vectorworks!

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Thanks Robert, Ha ha, it's done with a really old 3D application for the Mac called Inifi-D 4.??, eventually bought up by the company that produces "Poser". Seriously, the application is around seven years old or older. It's nice for basic rendering, but a struggle with more complex shapes.

The knurling is an illusion, it's actually a bump map, a pattern of diamonds graduated from white to black. The shadows and highlights are there, but lack true depth.

The motors and textures were a lot of fun to come up with, but look a little dark on the PC. I should probably re-render them some time.

Reply to
SkyPirate