Flying tomorrow!

The weather's to clear for the morrow and the Skybusters are grabbing some sky. Who else is getting in their flight fix?

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Mars Club won't be launching. Unfortunately, if we tried, we would probably be shot.(deer hunting season)

Reply to
Zak Orion

Tripoli Central California, hopefully. Several new projects to try.

Jimnorton2

The Toledo Rocket club is flying tomorrow. I think I'll take a trip down there

- likely the last launch until spring. Oh, damn...gotta build a few more birds to launch...forgot all about that!

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

Getting ready to go. Going to be a fabulous day, down Fresno way! (Hey, that rhymes!) Hope Andy has the motors I want!

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

Today (Sunday) is NIRAs last scheduled launch of the year. We fly the third Sunday of the month April to Novembbrrr. Right now there's frost on the lawn in front of Bob's Hobby Shop...

Bob Kaplow

Ah, yes, the annual WIsconsin Million Man March. With guns.

You could always wear those red-orange vests. And paint your rockets that color as well.

Bob Kaplow

Sunday of the month April to Novembbrrr. Right now there's frost on the lawn in front of Bob's Hobby Shop...

I just left a message with the club prez to get a confirmation on the launch, it's looking far greyer than predicted out there just now. Skybusters flies as long as the weather permits, even in the winter. That's a right convenient thing for someone with an erractic schedule like mine. And it gives me something to do with that box of "F" reloads I found last night that I'd forgotten about having.............;-) BTW, _great_ sig-file! I'm going to borrow it for a few places I post to.

Chuck

encourage attendance in Christian churches; or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, except to require prayer in schools; or abridging the freedom of speech, except for those questioning the Bush administration; or of the press, except that not owned by Rupert Murdoch; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, except those protesting pre-emptive wars; and to petition the government for a redress of grievance, except those we don't like." -former U.S. Sen. Gary Hart

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Hmmm, would it turn into a skeet shoot then?

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

We could, but since both of our sites have deer hunting stands near them and both sites have a bar very close to them, we figure that the chances of getting shot by someone who is too drunk to tell whats orange or brown(Taylor county is the drunk driving capital of the world) or getting shot because the hunters are pissed that we scared the deer away, is too great to chance it. Anyways a lot of the club hunts anyways so there would barely be anyone out there.

Reply to
Zak Orion

When I first joined the club I used to goof around and say that I was going to bring my shotgun out and act like it was a skeet shoot. I think I would do fairly well, unless someone started flying things like a Estes Eliminator on a E30 or a Quest falcon on a G80. Of course they could always build rockets with kevlar body tubes.

Reply to
Zak Orion

Tripoli Central California had a windy day but still managed 34 flights. Too windy for most of my projects, but got off my Deuce's Wild for my first cluster flight.

Reply to
Jimnorton2

Eldred, do you have any information on the rocket on pad 3, photo 100_1503.jpg?

Reply to
Jimnorton2

Zak.

we will be getting some of the kevlar arm protectors from the glass plant......

Reply to
tater schuld

Sunday of the month April to Novembbrrr. Right now there's frost on the lawn in front of Bob's Hobby Shop...

Chicago was much nicer todfay than typicla in mid-November. Great day for a launch, nearly 300 flights.

I've got about 2 dozen that get randomly selected when I log in...

Bob Kaplow

Sort of. The guy had a few 'kitchen-built' rockets. Pringles cans, plastic Coke Bottles, all sorts of creative stuff. I think they all suffered some sort of equpment failure during flight. Unfortunately, I've forgotten who it was... :-( But with what I've said, I'm sure that Mark, Kathy, or someone could tell you...

Eldred p.s. for everyone else, this is what Jim is referring to:

Reply to
EldredP