That old chestnut - Tente

Hello there. I'm new to this group, but I'm not new to either Lego or Tente. As a child, I amassed a large collection of space Lego, and Tente ships.

I've not seen any messages here relating to Tente for a good few years (3 or 4 at least!) but I'm hoping someone out there still has a collection that they'd be willing to discuss (or perhaps sell!)

I've picked up a couple of items recently through ebay, but it's frustrating to see Construction Clones (which had quite a good Tente database) has gone, and I have no-one to talk to about my hobby.

If anyone has Tente ships they'd like to get rid of, or talk at length about them, I'd be more than willing to join in.

Regards,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

I have a small quantity of Tente parts including what appears to be a ship's bow.

Please email your snailmail address to (address slightly munged for usenet, make an obvious correction): kay-archer2mail.com

Now if I could find a half-dozen bidders for a few Tyco lots....

Reply to
Kay Archer

what is tente? i have something that look a bit like the only two tente kits i could find on ebay, and google gives me pictures of tents ;)

Reply to
Bob Clough

Someone else will probably remember better than me, but Tente was a modular brick system in the late 1970's or very early 1980's. The studs were slightly larger than Lego, so they were not compatible like the Mega and Tyco clones of today. Each stud had Tente written in a circle. I remember standing in a K-Mart and looking at a Lego set and a Tente set and my parents were trying to convince me to add to my Lego collection but the Tente set was something new so I picked it. I think it was a tractor or something like that.

Reply to
C B George

Tente was available in the UK in very limited quantities from around 1987 to

1991 - I have a few Tente spaceships from a Corn Flakes promotion somewhere... IIRC the studs ere hollow, and a lot of the parts fitted to them via a pin that slotted into the centre of the stud, rather than fitting around it - though most of them just fitted around. It was popular for a short time in Britain around 1988/89, then it's popularity tailed off.

-- Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk) MSN Messenger: richmackin-at-hotmail.com Yahoo Messenger: arkick2000 ICQ: 112431453

Reply to
Rich Mackin

i think i have some of that at home somewhere, used to play with it at my grandparents.

assorted ships and things iirc, how much'll u give me for it?

Bob Clough

Reply to
Bob Clough