trains in general

hi...

anyone who's train enthusiast reading this newsgroup? i'm starting to play lego again, and searching for people who also interested in lego trains for knowledge exchange, and maybe some projects for missing functions in the current train sets...

Reply to
Joe McGlatze

I would suggest that you visit

and look under the trains category. There is an enormous number of LEGO train enthusiasts, including myself.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

Without a doubt. Here is a list of Lugnet newsgroups with the number of postings for each (I typically hang out in Space):

Administrative 21138 Adventurers 1913 Animation 751 Announcements 5132 Aquazone 900 Basic 136 Belville 565 Boats 457 Books 384 Building 32549 CAD 35081 Castle 21920 Clikits 17 Color 320 Dacta 250 Database 2980 Dear LEGO 4800 Disney 90 Duplo 654 Education 222 Events 4675 FAQ 1355 Fabuland 464 Fun 3312 Galidor 74 Games 433 Gaming 2703 General 47968 Harry Potter 1542 Instructions 639 Inventories 141 LEGO Company 8060 LEGOLAND 1234 Local 61013 Marketplace 44124 MediaWatch 1512 Model Team 1180 Off-Topic 47190 Organizations 32183 People 4291 Pirates 3955 Primo 31 Promotional 1070 Publishing 5828 Quatro 9 Reviews 1104 Robotics 40498 Scala 203 Service 44 Space 34241 Sports 284 Star Wars 16743 Storage 1430 Technic 15060 Town 7525 Trains 25044 Underground 309 Western/Wild West 765 Year 1857 Znap 257

Reply to
Jeff Findley

yeah, but there seem to be no projects regarding electric controlled decoupler which can be applied to every single train/car (in use with dcc)... it's something i'm thinking about how to solve, and all i see is that many people are interested in... my solution is not yet complete, but the main technic is thought to it's end... i also spent a few hours in probing about the needed space, and discovered that my solution will work with the old 12V train gear's, cause they provide enough space in height, while the new 9V gears have 1 plate height less space.

maybe i have time during the next days, so that i can try out my idea... the only thing about it is, that have to cut some studs to save space and build some custom parts, so that the whole solution consist of bricks, but with some technical modifications.

Reply to
Joe McGlatze

Jeff

Reply to