Updated FAQ or other basic info?

Is there anywhere? Like where is the LEGO hobby activity on the net? This group?

rec.toys.lego is not the most active place.
Lugnet (news://news.lugnet.com/) is more active.
But unfortunately most of the activity seems to have moved to pure web forums.
Play well,
Jacob
--
Houses by Katrine, Caroline and Jacob:
http://lego.sparre-andersen.dk/By/Huse /

Agreed. There are different web based forums depending on your interests. I'm fairly active (reading and commenting) in the Classic Space .com website's forum. I occasionally lurk on the LDraw website's forums.
Jeff
--
" Ares 1 is a prime example of the fact that NASA just can't get it
up anymore... and when they can, it doesn't stay up long. ;) "