11 PM call out -- then cancelled

Just got off the phone with a national referral company. They want me to go about half hour drive from here to fix a Detex lock on a back door. Won't lock.

I went to bed about 10 PM, and they woke me about 11 PM. It's been a LONG day, and I'm dehydrated, frustrated, and tired. Got a couple repair calls that are really not being easy to fix.

I called the store, and the manager there said to come on over.

While getting dressed, the referral company called. The store had called several local companies, and one of them was at the back door.

They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime after hours?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Regrets, no contract.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just be happy you didn't drive for 20 miles only to have then cancel enroute.

I might call them or write them and find out why they have a practice of hiring more than one person at a time, and if they do not give you a satisfactory answer then decline further work or charge accordingly.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Aparently, it was the store who was calling other people. The referral company didn't call any other locksmiths after they secured my service.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hey they called you- CHARGE them. They won't pay, so every time they call you remind them!

---- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 344 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Bill Halle

If they cancelled by your own admission before you even got out the door and you bill them all that why would they even bother to cancel next time? In their place if I got a bill for a call I promptly cancelled next time I would just let you run the call and find out it's cancelled when you get there. What are you going to do about it? Bill them? You did that when they cancelled right away and in good faith. It's not like they are going to pay you if they don't want to anyway.

Reply to
Steve

I would have said "You want what?" Then I would have gotten a credit card payment in advance for my trip charge before going.

Reply to
al

You evidently don't have much experience with merchant acounts. When the cardholder charges it back on something like that it will 9 times out of

10 go in favor of the cardholder and there is little to nothing you can do about it.
Reply to
Steve