Arm A Dor Cheapass pennypinchers

I'm just getting in from a screw up. A referral company sent me half hour drive to repair an alarmed exit lock. Well, the old one is broken beyond repair. So, company sends me a new one. The new Arm-A-Dor says it's for a 48 inch wide door. I get there, and the door is 39 1/2 inch. I can't install a 48 inch lock on a 39 1/2 inch door. I called the referral company back.

The suggest it might be possible to cut the lock down. And to check the web page.

They do have a downloadable instruction manual. the lock retails about $700 and they can't include a 20 page installation manual? I got to download a pdf file, and print it out myself? Cheap idiots.

Pass the word. Arm A Dor makes you print your own install manual.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I bet the lock was supposed to come with the printed manual. I suspect that it grew legs somewhere along the line.

The arm a door is a real good product, but as it costs so much compared to the competition it is a real tough sell. For this reason I have never installed one. I suspect if they would be a little more realistic with the pricing they would sell a boat load of these.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

It looked like the lock had some scratches on it when I got it. So, I'm wondering if they sold it to someone else, who lost the manual. As you said.

I didn't say it to the store guys,b ut it looks to me like a prehistoric insect landed on the door.

Took me three hours to install. Next one ougtha go faster.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon