A 'Pick Resistant' deadbolt.

Specificly, a Kwikset 'pick resistant' deadbolt (ANSI GRADE 3). What
exactly does this mean? I *assume*, resists picking with standard or
basic lockpicks, to be the meaning. I bought the lock to practice
picking, but couldn't pick it. I believe that the end of the key being
raised high is the reason for this (trying to puch up the end pin with
the pick raises the other pins too high). The pattern is sum thing
like this <^-___, the < being the tip of the key, and ^, -, _, _, and
_ being the five spots where the pins go to open the lock. What would
it take to pick this lock? A special type of pick? Sum type of
contrivance? Any suggestion or hints?
Reply to
Ord Bright
possibly
who was it in the movie said, 'USE THE FORCE'... in this case, FEEL IT..what is the lock telling you? if you go willy nilly, jam a pick in.. and just wiggle around, your chances will be that, a CHANCE.. and noting more. what is the lock saying to you??
--Shiva--
Reply to
--Shiva--
On the other hand, the FAQ does give a number of suggestions and links to educational material.
Hint - one usually doesn't start learning to drive by going out on an Interstate during rush hour!
Reply to
Henry E Schaffer
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 02:47:09 GMT "Stormin Mormon" used 27 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.locksmithing
Nor do we practicing grammar.
-Graham
Remove the 'snails' from my email
Reply to
G. Morgan
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:23:21 GMT "Stormin Mormon" used 30 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.locksmithing
Geeze, Gordon B. Hinckley wouldn't be to proud of you 'attempting' to swear.
-Graham
Remove the 'snails' from my email
Reply to
G. Morgan
Kwikshit has added spool/mushroom type pins to some of their locks. That was a good idea because those pot metals wonders are so sloppy a 3 year old with a paperclip could open them before. To pop them try raising all the pins as far up as they will go while applying hard tension. Now scrub/rake the pins down while gradually backing off the tension. Now the pins will catch at the shearline instead of hanging up on the spool part of the dfrivers. You'll need practice but it works good.
Reply to
SSA
Yes we do you fucking halfwitt. We also give out the addresses of jerkoff secret squirrels who think they make the rules here. Like for example:
Christopher Young 3XX XXXX Drive XaXmXXXXXX NX 144XX
(585) 7XX-3XXX
Keep up the Usenet nazi shit and the X's come off.
Reply to
SSA
Yeah typical so called "christian" there. Oh wait a fucking minute he's a Mormon. They aren't christians, just a nutty fucking cult so I take that back.
Anyway
We'll see if you are so quick to mouth off when everybody knows where to find your sorry ass, not too far away from me actually.
Christopher Young 30X XXXE Drive XaXmXXXXXX NY 144XX
(585) 7XX-38XX
Reply to
SSA

Site Timeline