ALOA proves itself clueless.

maybe yall need to get a room :-)

Reply to
Key

I personnaly don't get invilved with any of these groups, even after 32 years. Most of the time all they do is fight and whine.

Reply to
rd

thats your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it..

because bottom line / thats what I believe in this case.

agree, however, like I stated in another post, I have kill-filed him more than once and will do it as many times as nessessary.

g'day to ya

Reply to
Key

Unfortunately most of his arguments are pretty logical. You really haven't made any meaningful response other than to call him "clueless" etc which does not a rebutal make. There is a real problem with many locks in use today and blaming the messenger ain't going to fix it. Back when I first found out how TOTALY insecure win2K was I felt pretty ripped off. it was a real eye opener. People feel the same way when they see that their lock can be bumped open in 15 seconds flat, frankly they have a right to. As far as "plonking" people if you are going to killfile then why not just do it? Responding to somebody and then killfiling them is really just kind of a cheap shot way of getting in the last word.

Reply to
Steve

There's a quick solution to this: Bump their Box store special open in 15 seconds flat. It works wonders. Some locks it doesn't work that well on and that's fine. You aren't trying to sell them something they don't need you are trying to show them why they should upgrade if they need to. if they have a good alarm they may not care and may not need to change anything but a lot of people don't have anything but the 12.95 special lock and they tend to pay attention pretty quick.

Reply to
Steve

No. Sorry, no relation.

Thanks I try.

Reply to
Tim Mathews

Key cannot do that because he doesn't have any self control. In case you haven't noticed he also has a desperate need for attention and to make a total idiot of himself.

Reply to
Tim Mathews

Barry don't pay any attention to Key. He has poor social/communication skills and I'm sure he is doing the very best he can.

Reply to
Tim Mathews

I and pretty much anyone else with any common sense say it's flawed. It isn't just "subject to an attack", as is most every security device subject to an attack of some sort. But is freqeuntly opened almost as easy and quickly by bumping, or in the case of the low end models raking, as it is with the correct key. This is not just a flaw. It's a fatal one.

I have not seen any representation that the design is not

As you well know we're not talking about any method here we are talking about one so childishly simple, requiring so little skill and effort, that it renders many of the locks essentially completely useless. An appropriate representation would be that it is subject to being bumped open by a bored

12 year old quicker than the purchaser can get the correct key out of his pocket and put it in the lock. If the public is really, as you keep trying to insinuate, only concerened with cost, such a disclaimer should not hurt sales in the least.

Evidently not or locksmiths wouldn't spend all their time playing Sammy secret squirrel with the vulnerabilities. They would spend the time demonstrating the vulnerabilities to thier customers and upselling better product.

the users however are going to squirm at the cost.

Reply to
Tim Mathews

Really? Then you won't have any problem providing a code cite to back up your claim.

Reply to
Tim Mathews

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

photo of a locksmith convention near me. I'm the one in the back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon