Antique Piggy-bank Books

Hi.

I have a smallish, copper-lined book with a lock on the side and the title "Dresden Bank". These were apparently used as piggy banks which could be unlocked only by checking them into the named bank itself.

See these other postings from a coin-collecting group:

&

Are there standard key blanks for these, once they have been opened?

Reply to
kevin.kirby

Thanks for the help. As for the lock-books mentioned in the two links, one is from England's postal service and the other is from a bank.

I'm not sure what period they are from. Maybe the fifties, as there seems to be some plastic in the "Dresdner Bank" cover.

rphillips52 wrote:

Reply to
kevin.kirby

Moat of these gimics were 30's and 40's for the nice tin ones. 50's and

60's were usually plastic, and by the 80's this form of advertising was not often seen.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Then a astic Dresdner Bank book would probably be a west german cold-war item.

Reply to
kevin.kirby

Well you could always ask them:

Roger Shoaf