cleaning brass steam fittings

Some while ago one of the kind members of this forum gave advice on how to clean brass fittings.

Being in the UK I am wondering about finding the suggested chemicals. Have tried swimming pool suppliers but cannot equate actuat chemicals to trade trades. Any suggestions please.

Reply to
technical123

Simple vinegar (acetic acid) will dissolve deposited crud from brass, although with slight reaction with the brass itself. What are you trying to accomplish?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Reply to
David Billington

steam fittings - the other time I was told the official name - (cupric oxide): - so simple vinegar might remove it..................

Reply to
technical123

technical123