cleaning brass steam fittings

Some while ago one of the kind members of this forum gave advice on how
to clean brass fittings.

Being in the UK I am wondering about finding the suggested chemicals.
Have tried swimming pool suppliers but cannot equate actuat chemicals
to trade trades.
Any suggestions please.
Reply to
technical123
Simple vinegar (acetic acid) will dissolve deposited crud from brass, although with slight reaction with the brass itself. What are you trying to accomplish?
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
A friend of mine says she used to clean horse brasses with ketchup, just leave it on for about 10 minutes and they should come clean. Its slightly acidic.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
Reply to
David Billington
steam fittings - the other time I was told the official name - (cupric oxide): - so simple vinegar might remove it..................
Reply to
technical123
technical123