Baldwin-pokehole?

Hello All, Recently got a call to make keys for some screen doors.While I was there, customer asked about having the Baldwin leversets (5245)(SC1 keyway)rekeyed in the near future.I can get a Schlage pinning kit here pretty quick. Never have worked on baldwin-.but I noticed a small hole on the outside lever.Is this a poke hole to remove the cylinder with the correct key inserted? Will I need a follower? Help-Kind of-but no distress-LOL

Later, goma

Reply to
goma865

Well you have to look at it this way; Why would the hole be there? You'll need a follower. Also sometimes, but only sometimes, Baldwin cylinder lower pins are .005" different from a standard Schlage pin chart. Invest in a .005 or .003 pin kit if you don't already have one. You can get one on Ebay cheap. Happy Holidays!

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Yes, the poke hole is ty pically to allow handle removal.

Now, consider trying to rekey without a follower. On some cylinders like most Kwiksets, you can get the top off the pin stack. But for Baldwin, I'm thinking it would be easier if you had a follower.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks everyone, sorry for stupid questions-but I had to ask.Don't have a used one to look at. Already have a distributor for all the pin kits I need. Thanks again, later, goma

Reply to
goma865

No question is stupid.

One time I had a brain fart and asked what a cylindrical entry lock was.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

LOL^ Oh well-better to have the brain fart in an NG than in front of your customer-LOL

goma.

Reply to
goma865