Bicycle chain locks

I have one of those old chain-link-covered-by-plastic bicycle locks. 5 dials with 1-8 on each. Neither my wife nor I remember the combination. Is there anyway short of starting 11111, 11112,11113 etc until I find the correct combo?

My email is snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca

Thanks. Mark

Reply to
Mark McEwen

Yes. But for obvious reasons we're not going to give out that information without knowing you. They are very cheap. Just cut it off.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

bicycle locks. 5

the combination. Is

until I find the

Mark, refer to the faq

asking defeating instructions on this open forum.

like Bob said "They are very cheap. Just cut it off."

g'day

Reply to
"Keyman

It's Very Simple Actually. There Is Plenty Of Play In The Plug On One Of Those. You Pull On It As If You Were Going To Open It. And As Your Pulling You Slide The First Set Of Numbers Around Until You Hear And Feel It Grab. You Continue This For All The Numbers And Eventually It Will Just Open And You Will Have Your Combo. Personally. Those Are The Cheapest Locks Ever. Anyone Can Crack One In Less Then 30 Seconds. gl.

--------------------

Reply to
The Lighthouse Graphic Design

Ok I have to ask. Do you manually capitalize each word or does your software do it for you.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

k.... I Type 80 Words Per Minute If I Capitalize Each Letter. I Only Type 50 If I Don't. So It's A Time Issue. Not Like This Is A Formal Document Right....

The Lighthouse Graphic Design

mY votE iS A softwarE glitcH. iT surE iS distinctivE.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Chris, your software is doing it too! By I think you put the disk in upside-down.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

wow you guys are so new school. It's as if having capital letters on each words effects the meaning of it. cmon use your heads. your probally some little 12yr that thinks he's cool hiding behind a keyboard.

-

Reply to
The Lighthouse Graphic Design

letters on each

probally some

keyboard.

if you would have been around here for long ? you would know better. (there is not any 12yr old CML's here) :-)

Reply to
"Key

aNd sOme peOple haVe toLd me tHat I neEd to be mOre cenTered?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm almost thirteeen, and I'll need to shave in a couple years, so PBBBB....

BTW, to change something is to "affect", not "effect". And you're supposed to put an apostrophe in "c'mon" which is a contraction. And a likely word would be "probably". You did properly contract "it's" though. Give you that one.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Affect? What kind of word is that? I'll have to look it up.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

wow gg grammer class.... again... I didn't realize this was such a formal document, and I quote "Not Like This Is A Formal Document" - Lighthouse

2003. you've had your shot. now take a seat and let the pros handle this kthx.

Reply to
The Lighthouse Graphic Design

Yes, I had a sticky lock, and I sprayed it with some oil to affect (v) how it works. Slick was a good effect (n).

The rain did affect (v) my lawn. The effect (n) was to make the grass grow.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LOL! :-)

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Nope. Was just wondering.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

You're taking an off hand question and a little kidding a bit personally aren't you? Lighten up.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere