Bumping

In practice, how many housebreakers use bump keys? There are easier ways, and the person would not carry incriminating evidence on himself.

An example of this is the old style of Venner parking meter used in Britain. They used tubular keys for the cash boxes and were keyed alike over fairly wide areas. Thieves used false keys made from glass tube, so if they were caught they just dropped the tube and stood on it. It would have worked well for the 'maker' of the keys as they probably had a fairly short life. The police managed to retrieve one of these 'keys' intact.

Reply to
peterwn

I hope that invitation is for me, too. Piss on politics-I would like to drink a GOOD beer, not this watered-down, chemical-laced, rice-syrup filled, skunked out american crap!!!!

And as a matter of fact, I make some of my own.13.5% alcohol-light body ale.From a kit but I will be doing an all-grain soon.

I really like the wheat beers when it's hot.Winter time, I will have the darkest bock there is.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

I got some almost black 9% that I made-this year want to try some dark christmas beer as well.. BEST PART? funny thing is no hangover compared to commercial stuff.. and sorry, dont like the 'light stuff'

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

sort of like a 'burglary/house fire' here in my town.. the fire marshall labeled it 'suspicious', so the insurance company did NOT have to pay anything..same with 'no forcible entry' in some cases.. no payout.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Hard to know since a burglary committed with a bump key won't be counted as such unless the crook actually gets caught in the act. It might not get counted as a burglary at all since there's no forced entry. It will probably depend on how much the crook trashes the place once they get in. Then there are the people who want to get in without leaving any sign, stalking ex boyfriends, girlfriends etc.

There are easier

Crooks carry incriminating evidence on themselves with monotonous regularity. Watch COPS sometime. Boltcutters here, a crack pipe there, syringes, drugs, slim jims, burglary tools, all the time. Saw one of those shows where a guy had a bomb down his pants. Think a guy carrying a homemade pipe bomb next to his Johnson is going to worry about carrying a bump key?

This is an interesting story but is there actually any doccumented account of it?

Reply to
Steve