Change combination on Gardall pushbutton safe

I have a Gardall safe that was purchased from a retail store that went out of business 3 years ago. My daughter recently shared the combination with some of her friends, so now I would like to change it. Can someone please give me instructions on doing so? It is a round keypad with numbers 0-9, * and #. Thank you

Reply to
Zoeycat

Been to their web site? maybe they got a manual..on line.. OR, if the safe has an S&G dial on it, it can be gotten elsewhere.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Reply to
Zoeycat

whats it say on the dial? OR find it on Gardall's web site and read the details- would say if its an S&G or whatever brand lock for instance.. if its theirs.. email them.. see if they cant help ya --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Zoeycat,

email me

bobby at bearlock dot com

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

It's not a dial. It's a keypad.

Sunsh> >

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net

and the instructions to change the combo are VERY brand specific.. got to know which manufacturer of the lock is on it.. it COULD have been switched out, as well.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

In other words: Start by going to Gardall with the safe's model and serial number; they can probably send you an instruction sheet or point you to a webified copy thereof. If the lock's been changed out, examine the lock to see who made it and contact them with the lock's model number; they'll be able to give you appropriate advice.

Generally, changing the combo on an electronic safe lock involves entering the existing combo, doing something to say you want to enter a new one (a button on the inside of the safe door, or some additional sequence on the keypad, or something like that), and punching in the new sequence. Easy... if you have the old combo and know what the "do something" step is for that lock.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

and if you DONT KNOW- you are wasting a lot of time. cause sometimes what you ahve to do, defies all logical thinking. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--