Chubb Blackbox (2100 Series) Flashing red light.

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I have a Clubb Blackbox safe (2100 Series, I think) with an electronic keypad, when I enter the code I get a flashing red light.

I am sure I am entering the right code and this has only just started happening, I have tried to find the manuals on the web with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do?

Thanks for any advice.

Damien

Reply to
damien

I would try removing the batteries, waiting an hour and try reinstalling the batteries and give it another go.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Try fresh batteries. There may be enough power to operate the electronics but not enough power to operate the unlocking solonoid.

Reply to
Steve

Thanks, any Idea how I can get the safe open to change the batteries, Is there a way to power the safe externally.

Thanks Damien

Reply to
damien

Are you sure you have to have the safe open to change battery(s)?

Reply to
Steve

No, I have removed the cover and there is a battery connection for a P9

9 Volt, I think it may be used to power the safe if the batteries fail. I have attached a P9 Battery to it but when I enter the code the red light just keeps on flashing. Is it possable it has reset to the factory code.

Anyone got any idea what it may be or if there is a key sequance to activate the backup battery.

Thanks in Adv. Damien

Reply to
damien

Hi Some more info,

If I press the "On" button and then the "P" the red light/LED flashes 3 times, if I enter the code the red LED flashings for about 10-15 Minutes before it will let me do entering the code again.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Damien

Sorry can't really tell you any more than I have already. Most of the posters on this board, myself included, are in the US wher Chubb isn't used very much compared to other brands. Since you appear to be in the UK I would reccomend you call any locksmith in the UK that sells Chubb products and they can probably tell you what the problem is right off.

Reply to
Steve