CHUBB SAFE

Having removed a safe from a friends house (second floor), and just about recovered. I was hoping I could find out some information about it.

I thought your group might be the best place to start.

CHUBB 26"HIGH X 20" X 20"

Inside there is a lockable drawer at the bottom with 2 shelves above.

Main door has a brass handle which turns the six locking brass bars, and sliding key hole cover.

Drawer lock no.1244399

Number on brass locking bars 36802

Also on the top edge of door on the left hand side 4 3 25 and on the right

  1. Apologies for the terminology, don't really know what I'm talking about!!!

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. It is bloody heavy!!!!

Reply to
CraiBn

What do you want to know? Chubb makes a very good high security safe.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Just wondering how old and how heavy it is.

Craig

Reply to
CraiBn

Age: A good place to start is examining it for patent dates. If you can find a model number that mihgt also help.

Weight: Like you said, "bloody heavy". Again, without knowing specifically which model the best we could give you would be guesswork. You can probably estimate it well enough from your experience in moving it.

Good place to start looking for information:

(which apparently is now part of Assa/Abloy; Chubb sold that part of their product line). If you can find the model number, they have a table which maps the prefix letters to model name and security/fire-resistance ratings. Or click on "Products" and go hunting for something that resembles what you have.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

Reply to
Doug

Sorry I've took so long to reply been away.

Your quite right the sliding lock cover is a fish.

Hope to get some pictures soon and i will send them to you.

I had an e-mail from someone else telling me that the locks date from

1892-1893.

Hard to believe considering how good it looks.

Craig

Dundee Scotland

Reply to
CraiBn