Consumer lockpicking device any good?

I've been a locksmith for a while now and I still can't pick a lock worth a flip. Even the manual pick gun I use doesn't work all the time. I'm sure glad I can impression. I'm also glad I dont have to pick that many locks. If that was all locksmithing was I'd be a plumber by now. I still have the highest success with my drill on those tough locks.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

I'm just opposite. I do very well at picking but can't seem to impression to save my life. I keep seeing marks where I want them to be rather than where they are. I keep at it because it's a skill I want to master.

I occasionally resort to the circular pick. <g> Fortunately, I don't often need too.

Reply to
MThomas859

Have you noticed that people think the ONLY thing locksmiths do is pick locks. Well, I assure you there is much more to the field than that.

Rekeying Recreating lost keys Installing deadbolts Changing safe combinations Duplicating keys Keys by code number And.... and... and.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon