Does www.servicemagic.com generate locksmithing leads?

I have the feeling that

is assessing the virtues of branching out to the UK.

ServiceMagic allows customers to define a building or similar project, which then gets forwarded on a pay-per-forward basis to contractors in the field required by the end-user. The contractors can then contact the customer and attempt to nail the deal.

The end-user can leave feedback about the contracor, and similar to e-bay, a contractor can build a reputation.

This is probably an old hat for you guys and girls from the US. My question is: Does this work? Does it engender worthwhile leads for a locksmith?

Best regards from sunny London,

chris

Reply to
Dinosaurus

the local small city I am in, 'signed up' to something similar, to do all the city's purchasing... best bid gets the 'contract', and the web site got a percentage.. which DID sound like a good deal.. BUT, after a year, the web page site went belly up...the costs of the (in your case) Servicemagic, exceeded the income they were generating.. it MIGHT work, BUT, I would want a 'long time frame' track record, PLUS a lot of references to check to see if anyone had problems especially with payments.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Hi,

I gave SERVICE magic my credit card and they took $99 lickety-Split. This was 11 months ago. I haven't received a SINGLE dollar of income from any LEADS they sent to me. They did send 6 leads over the last, almost year, but all amounted to A BIG ZIP. Live and learn. I have contacted my state AG's office about it all.

--Shiva-- wrote:

Reply to
Bill Hupfeld

Probably won't help unless they made you a gaurantee of a specific number of leads or revenue. They are sending you leads. Just not very many or very viable ones.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere