Help...

I have a bike lock with combination lock on it, I bought it a few years ago.. my problem is : I lost the manual that it came with.. I remembered the combination...no manufacturer name on the lock, it is the coil type and the plastic cover is yellow.. This morning I locked my bike at the train station, when I was trying to lock it, I was having difficulty, and since I was late i was wiggling it and pushing it while turning the 4 combination number..I finally able to lock it... This afternoon I tried to unlock it using the combination that I have been using for a week, and I cannot open it.. The lock is cylindrical shape and the other end that looks like a key slides in the middle of the cylinder with the 4 digit lock on it..

Did I accidentally reset the combination ... I do not remember how to reset the combination so I might accidentaly reset it. I also noticed that the lock did not go all the way in, it has 4 teeth and i canpull the lock out upto the first tooth, the other three remained in the lock. If anyone could help and tell me how to reset the combination or somehow reset it I would appreciate it other wise I will call the autoclub to see if they can help.

Please email it to me at robert snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob

it a few years

remembered the

coil type and the

was trying to

was wiggling it and

finally able to lock

that I have been

cylindrical shape and

of the cylinder

remember how to reset

noticed that the

canpull the lock out

lock.

combination or somehow

autoclub to see if

if only three are locked ? ya only have 999 possibilities to try. or destroy it and get you another one. they are about as strong as their price.

my2

Reply to
"Keyman

Sounds like a problem I had to take care of for a manufacturer several months age (For the like of me I can't remember the manufacturer)

Apparently they have a tendency to "jump" over a number in the combination from the vibration of riding the bike. I discovered this totally by accident.

Since yours is coming out one tooth, my guess is your problem is with just one number of the combination (and not the first one). Try this... While gently pulling out on the cable turn the second wheel one number at a time. If you go all the way around and it doesn't unlock, return the second wheel on the number you started at, then do the same thing with the third wheel. Then the forth. Your probably only off by one number on one wheel.

Good lick and let us know how it turns out.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML