Law enforcement info

Here the police (Harris County) drive the major highways in vans looking for people broke down on the side of the road. They offer complete free emergency roadside assistance. Flat tire repair, gas, battery need a jump?, no problem. Need a tow, they'll call a truck. The truck cost of course. The law here considers it their job to keep traffic moving and the people in the vehicles safe.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

The police will not do it here in Atlanta, but we have a different governmental agency that does pick up the slack. HERO (Highway Emergency Response Operator) that runs around the major roads and provide anything you could need. The police around here are not allow to do lockouts or gas or flats, cause they are then competing with private companies. At least that's the general feeling.

Jack Allied Lock & Security Atlanta, GA

Reply to
Jack

Trust me. Instead of pulling to the side, let the car come to rest in the middle of the lane. They'll help.

Where I live the city police won't do much but the county police will. Just depends on who's running the show.

Reply to
Sheldon

come to rest in the

police will. Just

agree, here, the county sherriff's office will do more than the city police. the city doesn't open cars anylonger but the sherriff's office is still screwing up things for us to fix :-)

g'day

Reply to
"Key

I have seen trucks that do this around here on some of the major routes but they are DOT operated trucks. Same idea just a different department. When the police help it is just with what they have in their cars which may or may not be enough to do the job. Either way it isn't a bad idea when you consider how much gawkers looking at something (anything) on the side of the road jam up traffic.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Yeah, they'll tow it w/o further discussion, probably after somebody slams into the back of it.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

<Mc_jb.5161$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>

message

They

and

friend a

calls

getting

since it

town.

police

depends on the

in vans looking for

complete free

battery need a jump?,

cost of course.

moving and the people in

major routes but

department. When the

which may or may not

when you consider how

of the road jam up

we also have them DOT (I think) operated trucks running the freeways around here. pretty good idea really !

Reply to
"Key