rebuild a key

when I set all the pins right the plug turns: the pins, now, say as the original key is done, Soi I can rebuild the key! What material (silicon ? too much self-sticking?) can I put inside the plug to have the drawing of the key? thx

Reply to
gino

I can think of several ways to remake a key, but none of htem involve anything other than key blanks. Different ways of removing metal from key blanks, but still key blanks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What are you attempting to do?

Make a key for a cylinder that is not yours?

Can't understand exactly what are you're trying to accomplish.

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

"UPUHRS5437" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com...

?????

....pheraps in your "cop" mind

it isn't important you understand, if u want answer me, else....

bah, i think you are OT

Reply to
gino

If you are sure the key is what's worn (not the key pins) then get another identical key blank. File the blank down in each position so that there is just slightly more material than on the old key then you can practice impressioning or file away a small amount of material from each cut until the key works smoothly.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

This was a legitimate question. afraid to answer?

You asked a question that was unintelligable. <is that a word?> It sounds like you want to stick something in the keyway to show you the shape of the key. Why not use the key? Is it your lock? Are you authorized to have a key?

This screams "Troll Alert". Take your lock to a locksmith who will provide a key at a nominal cost, if it is indeed "your lock". From this response I rather doubt it and your intentions.

Reply to
MThomas859

my intent is not to waste *any more * my time with this Newsgroup: here there are people who believe to be *exceptional* only because are able to set 5 pins right .Picking is very easy as the Mit guide says ....I want to tell you a secret : on Internet I can buy enough resources to make me force a bank , including a kalasnikov or 5-6 bombs and a ferrari to run away, and no one comes to ask me "why"

goodbye guys!!!

Reply to
gino

Public threats? Looks like a post to forward to the FBI with all the headers. I'm sure they'll be interested. Not doubt you can find many things on the internet to follow any number of harmful and illegal activities. Most professionals here won't aid & abet. That's why you're not getting answers to your non-sense question.

c-ya have fun!

Reply to
MThomas859

He is practicing picking and it sounds like the pins are worn from use or picking/raking or the key is worn out or both. He already has the key. That's why he refers to "rebuilding" it. He has posted before. He is posting from Italy so English is not his first language so you might want to give him a break on the grammar/spelling/whatever. One can never be sure but my opinion is that he is probably a hobbist without any illegal intent.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

If that's true, could have made a big difference if his approach had tried to clarify his intent and purpose. After his last post - I wouldn't give hime the time of day or the sweat off my b--ls. Never had a problem with a persons "grammar/spelling" on usenet if one will clarify the meaning when asked, but when the only response is basically "you don't have to understand... well that's a different story.

Reply to
MThomas859

You know, I wondered the same thing before I learned about how they worked. I always thought that there had to be some magic compound that I could use to get an "impression" (yes, I know I'm misusing the term) of the key. In actuality, it would be more like casting a key using the broaching as a form.

Now that I've worked with locks for a while, I can't quite envision a way to do that without dis-assembling the lock at some point in the process. The casting compound would tend to get between pins, leak past the end of the broaching, etc.

Then again.... in this age of miracle materials, I have to wonder if there is a way to use carbon fiber and some sort of hardener to create a temporary key. Not sure why one would want to, other than the challenge.

Sort of like this (aspect is all wrong....) V V V V V V | V V V ___________/ / V | | ____________/ / / / _____________/ / / ______________/ / _______________/

Daniel

Reply to
dbs

pins, now, say as the

material (silicon ?

the drawing of

red-flags everywhere !

Reply to
"Keyman

I will admit that his comeback was a little juvenile. My point was that the internet and usenet are worldwide. The fact that someone writes in broken English in and of itself is nothing to try and draw a conclusion from. He had posted some stuff about this lock (which sounds plain wornout) before which is where I recognized him from.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

"gino" snipped-for-privacy@tin.it wrote absolutly nothing of interest in message

---snip the troll---

see ya troll-boy !!! they are coming out the woodwork lately :-)

Reply to
"Keyman

Why does this make me think of CIA Expedient key casting???

Jeez, I'd better get to the gun store-I only got 10 rounds of .223 AP. Later, Ralph.

Reply to
Ralph Greenwood

"MThomas859" snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com...

...and probably they reply that u r an IDIOT

Reply to
gino

Hey, I thought you said you were leaving! ROFLMAO

Reply to
MThomas859

now this'll be like that post "enough is enough" LOL

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

"gino" -The Troll wrote something stupid in message news:Ich5b.287283$ snipped-for-privacy@twister2.libero.it...>

(Snip)