rebuild a key

Reply to
Jim Gaynor

If all it did was get between the pins - then it couldn't be pulled out even if it didn't stick to any part of the lick.

All it has to do is fill up the area past the last pin - and it's caught there.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

I honestly don't think so. This is the same guy who had the padlock he was trying to pick that was behaving as though it was worn out or damaged. I think he practiced raking it so much that he wore down the lower pins or did something else to it so it won't work with the key anymore. He think's the problem is the key, while it is really probably the lock.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

And you, while probably harmless, aren't very good at getting people to help you.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

There is an equivelant commercial product on the market it is called the clam or something similar. You cast the original key in a mold and then poor a duplicate from woods metal. Lockmasters and others sell the kit.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

have

the padlock he was

or damaged. I think

pins or did

anymore. He think's the

ok, maybe my bad ?

no flame intended

Reply to
"Key

Well it's hard to blame you. Since I originally defended him he has managed to come across as an $#@. From the totality of what he's posted I just don't think he has any illegal intent. Either way I doubt he's getting any more help here.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

message

<9785b.15072$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.austin.rr.com>