locksmithing

I really dont understand how this forum is to any benefit. Putting in front of the public eye information as how to bypass locks. My customers spend their hard earned money to purchase security products that protect personal valuables, including the safety of their children. A public forum should be used only in a positive way. Teaching bypass methods (although some that I have read, are just plain wrong.)is rediculus.

Kind Regards, J. Kaminsky CPS. Member SAVTA, NSO

Reply to
linus yale

Putting in

locks. My

security products

their

way.

are just

wrong !!! read the FAQ

your broadcasting when you should be tuning in :-) no flame intended

Reply to
"Key

I read this as a request for explanation of the value of this newsgroup. So here you go:

1) The information is already available in every library in the country, nicely written up by professionals such as the original poster. It's also available from many other sites on the internet. This forum provides a place to evaluate and discuss that knowledge. 2) This group educates would be locksmiths, laymen and professionals much as trade magazines do, and sometimes faster. 3) The hardware companies have no qualms about selling insecure junk, and ___some___ professionals will install it, service it, etc without ever telling the customer that it's a sham. This forum frequently has information about not only specific locks to avoid but types of designs to avoid.

Those of us lucky enough to be in countries where censorship is seldom encoutered or enforced have the right to discuss what they want and to learn what they please.

So there's the value.

Daniel

Reply to
dbs__usenet

Actually it helps many people and is a major factor in industrial development (see below.)

Don't you think that the general public would catch on to the use of hair dryers even without this group? The influence of this group can be see in the public starting to buy higher quality hair dryers made in this country instead of the cheap imported stuff. This creates new jobs and allows people to pay you to increase their security.

Therefore you should be giving thanks instead of carping.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

And/or read the newsgroup for a while, to get a sense of which questions get answered, which get ignored, and which get ridiculed. Generally, the requests for bypass advice get ignored, ridiculed, or lampooned with deliberately bad advice. Not always -- we dance a fine line on that -- but with the exception of a few bozos who insist on waving their tools around in public to display their machismo, we do a pretty good job of drawing the line in a reasonable place.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

It provides lots of useful information to those who need it. Simple as that.

Most people here don't specifically discuss that.

You sound a little naive here. Why don't you take a stroll through some of the other public forums out there.

Once again most people here don't teach bypass methods.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Jeremy,

There is no lock which can keep people safe... It is the combination of locks and alarms and measures which I will call "target hardening" which will keep people safe...

No home can be considered even remotely safe for anyone without an alarm system... Because it does two things:

First... It alerts you to someone attempting entry to your house... Second... It immediately summons help from outside sources... The police... Your neighbors... etc...

You as a professional shoudl know this and tell people this... Putting a $300 top of the line high security lock on a standard home door won't keep that door from getting kicked in... Nor will it keep the windows in the home from getting smashed... If you want to market yourself as a security protection professional you should know this... I have read some 10,000 posts to this newsgroup and have not found anything that step by step tells anyone how to bypass a lock...

Don't generalize the entire tone of this newsgroup based on a few things you have read here and there that might give away clues to the best and brightest out there when you know that most home break ins are smash and grab type situations... How many calls does your local police department get about a burglary where the caller says "Someone picked my locks" that is usually a dead giveaway to some type of fraud taking place -- in almost every home break in that is discovered soon after it occurs it is a "forced entry" meaning there are obvious signs at one door or window that force was applied to it in order to gain entry...

Thank you for your complaint, however I feel it is not justified...

I am familar with the SAVTA designation (Safe and Vault Techncians Assoc) however CPS and NSO are beyond my comprehension without some type of reference...

Evan the manitenance man

Reply to
Evan

SAVTA is 1 safe... NSO is National Safe Organization.

CPS- I havent a clue, its not in my area... --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

cps is certified professional safe technician. it is a certification that savta/ aloa test for... It is a difficult test to pass.

Reply to
todd

we don't have any of them around my part of the country... got to go to a MUCH bigger city to find one...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

you dont have to live in a big city to know your trade.

Reply to
todd

but....if there is NEVER a need....and for the most part, you wont ever see those safes- then one has to wonder, why?

AFAIK, I would have to drive 175 miles to 1 town, or 240 to another to find anyone that would find that advantageous. or 5 hours down the Interstate to still another... its like the CPM? (think thats it) for locksmiths.. ther are key blanks on that test I have NEVER seen. but, that applies to all areas, some things are just 'not a common' thing. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--