master keys?

I repo cars and my customers which is banks normaly have keys to these vehilces but they are times where they change the ignition switches but breaking the ignition or trying to get the key is sometimes imposable with little help from law inforcement , we are looking for a real set of master keys for dodge,ford and chevy if anyone could tell me where i can get a good set or how to make them it will be very helpfull

Reply to
onstage

Think about it for a minute - if such sets existed or could be made, then wouldn't auto thieves get them? They'd be willing to pay a lot more for the keys than you are! :-)

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

You must not live in Texas. Here we can shoot to kill repo men after dark when they are playing around with the many try-out keys trying to get the car off of the persons property in question as long as we 'dont know' they are repo men. Oh officer, I thought he was stealing my car. Get the key or dont fool with it at least in this state if you enjoy your life.

If you are from a more relaxed state that frowns on guns then I still would listen to me because you might run accross a former Texan there and still get your head blown off.

Use your brain. No one here is going to contribute to your death one way or the other and no one here is stupid enough to give a clown like you the DSD's to try-out keys.

Go screw yourself

PLONK

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Shoot! The secret is out, guys. Great! Now everybody knows about our secret.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I worked in the collateral recovery business and I am a master locksmith. I can think of very few times I would consider this as a viable option. More often than not it is far easier to tow the car and worry about the key later.

What works very well is to hook up the car and offer the R/O the option of avoiding the hassle of recovering their property by taking it now in exchange for the key.

I hope your skills in recovering automobiles is superior to your grammar.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

you need to learn to spell & talk first.

Reply to
JOCK tec

Is it really so difficult for the small group of serial posters on this site, who wish to be respected as professionals, to be courteous? Is it really so difficult to say: "contact a locksmith supplier, towing industry supplier or repossession industry association for help, and be prepared to supply proper business credentials?" Is it really so difficult to suggest other methods for recovery such as towing? Is it really so difficult to suggest that partnering with a locksmith, or a group of automobile dealers, might be useful AND financially rewarding too?

I never yet heard of a much abused man or woman that I was not inclined to think the better of them, and to transfer the suspicion or dislike to those who find pleasure in abusing others.

Habitually greeting certain types of requests for information with chronic discourtesy is a disease, and it is totally unnecessary.

"As to diseases, make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, to do no harm."

-Hippocrates

Reply to
KEYSENTINEL

AMEN! god forbid you misspell something here... grammar my butt.

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

The cars the poster asked about and virtually all others are not master-keyed. Therefore there are no master-keys for them.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

-snip-

Suggest towing? If he were a repo operator as he claims he should already be towing since that is how virtually all of them operate. Even if you don't know anything about repo work common sense should tell you that it takes two people to repo if the car is driven away, only one with a tow truck. Consequently why bother? This is one of many clues to the fact that he is very likely not being truthful.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

While I agree with you that tow "Plenty, I was a repo man for a while."

"Frankly you speak like someone who hasn't hot started many cars or at least not

That makes it sound as though your primary method or recovery was starting and driving away the vehicle. Now it sounds like it was towing. So which was it?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Reply to
cashcroft

Both. In my early experiences with the repo business, about the only cars that were towed were ones that did not run. (Late 70's early 80's)

About 3 years ago I worked in the repo business again. Now things are different, most recoveries are preformed with a tow truck.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

As I said before, it costs nothing to be courteous to everyone regardless of whether or not they are attempting to flame-bait the group or obtain restricted information. The small group of serial posters in this newsgroup is perfectly aware of the fact that most non-locksmiths refer to "tryout keys" as "master keys."

Instead of splitting hairs and dancing people around who use an inappropriate technical term, be direct, courteous, universally helpful, less irrationally suspicious, and push on to bigger and better things.

Engaging in protracted incivility makes all locksmiths look like posturing unprofessional fools. It publicly undermines our professional image and it is clearly bad for business! There is never a good excuse for bad behavior.

The following source for automotive "tryout keys" may be helpful to those who seek this information. Proper occupational credentials are required to purchase them.

KEYSENTINEL

-snip- The small group of serial posters in this newsgroup is perfectly

-snip-

This is all once again simply your assumption, unsupported by anything whatsoever. You would be well advised to read posts as written rather than responding based upon what you think COULD have been meant. Additionaly a little common sense coupled with the knowledge that tryout keys, rocker picks, snake picks, or whatever else you choose to call them are not especially fast to use would help you to the conclusion that they are likely not very useful for repo operators in any event. All this said a simple Google search on the above terms will turn up a plethora of sources for them. It is easier to find sources for any of these items than to even discover that alt.locksmithing exists.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Since you appear to have studied at the BBE Institute of Contentious Debate and Specious Diplomacy, it is clear that all of my brotherly words of wisdom will fall on deaf ears. That being said, I shall remain content with the discovery that the bigger issues of professional conduct and universal civility are topics that you find either unworthy of consideration or application within this thread, or perhaps within this entire public newsgroup.

Men are respectable only as they respect. Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall never be disappointed.

Reply to
KEYSENTINEL

-snip much irrelevant rambling-

This has worked well for me with regard to your posts. :).

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Not often. In my early experience often it was no problem to pull or force those cars you had no keys for and could not pick. In my recent experience I did have a newer Ford that was being concealed in the guys back yard and he had taken down the fence between his and the neighbors house. This was too tight of a turn to tow, so I did use the tryouts on this car.

Often these were used to open the trunks of the cars after they were already in the yard in order to inventory the personal property of the owner.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf