O3 Ford a new and different problem to look for

Yesterday I had a call to look at an O3 Ford ignition that had stopped working.

The key didn't turn and the "hey stupid you left the key in the lock" chime was pinging away. It was the actuator that had got wedged out of the plug and was jamming the switch and preventing rotation.

I popped the ears off and was able to reset the actuator.

This was the new style 8 cut ignitions without the sidebar.

I replaced it with a side bar style ignition.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

which MODEL?

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

E350. It was a rental box van.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

odd, dont see many of them with a problem.. it didnt have the armored cover over the lock did it?

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

No armored cover, just the standard black ears. This is the first non side bar 8-cut I have seen, and I didn't even realize it was not a side bar until I disassembled it.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

thats why it was funny to me- they dropped the side bar due to serious problems with them, in certain vehicles...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--