Pinch My Ride

How to bypass transponder keys, for fun and profit. And how to argue with the insurance company when it does happen.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Wrong group.

Locksmiths aren't intelligent enough to use those procedures.

Reply to
Troels Oxenvad

-Yawn-

-sigh-

When are those new padlocks coming in?

Reply to
goma865

On the face of it, the victim could take the insurance company to court and win.

The victim may not think it worth while doing thes, or may have other reasons for not taking the insurance company to court.

A brazen insurance 'victim' took an insurance company to court when they refused to pay out on his allegedly stolen boat. He assured them he had two only sets of keys, but the keys in one set bore marks left by a key cutting machine feeler. He lost his case.

Reply to
peterwn

You would think so.

Yep.

Must not have been much use on that key, or the marks left by the key machine would not have been that clear.

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

I've been lurking for a long time but now I must say this:

All any car thief needs to do to steal a car at least here is call a locksmith! You see, most locksmiths are honest but about 30 percent of the locksmiths here are thieves as well who dont care who the car belongs to as long as the customer calling has cash. I know this for a fact. Just call around till you find the right one.

You see I've seen all kinds of crap here in the last few years. Criminals with felony records owning locksmith companies and running calls, charging

300 dollars US to install a 440 Kwikset lock ($8) in a wood door with the hole already drilled, charging 600 dollars for making a car key that cost 125... Buyer beware.

The new law in Texas concerning licensed locksmiths HAS NO BITE! Plenty of scum are out there on the road right now making keys. The idiots that wrote the law even left a loophole. the word "Locksmith" must be in the company name. How screwed up is that. Come to Texas and be a key tech.

I'll go back to lurking now and let everyone think about that.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

LOLOL... FWIW, I got into a discussion once with a cop, and told him he CANNOT prove to me that he DOES own the car he is driving.. He argued with me, but I showed him the fallacy of his thinking, and he said a nice 4 letter word and admitted I am right.. there is a serious flaw in the system..and AFAIK or can see, it cannot be altered..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me