PR: Brinks Home Security files Civil Suit against Jim Rojas & www.tech-man.com

Read all about it...

Thank you all for your continued support.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

You're going to lose this one............ Brinks has it in the bag. You just can't steal and resell what's not yours. Proprietary ownership is clear cut and is protected by law. Hope you made a lot............... it's probably going to cost more than you made.

Reply to
rifnraf

Demand a jury trial. Your services ultimately save consumers money and give them more options. Jurors are overwhelmingly consumers not copyright holders.

Reply to
Steve

I removed access to their manuals after the second letter. You can't just cave in to all their silly demands.

As far as the copyright infringment, they really have no case. I don't fiddle with their firmware chip at all, which I agree is copyrighted. I just plug in the Arrowhead DCU670 programmer, or any serial eprom programmer onto the board, and presto! You are in programming. It took me awhile to figure out all the programming locations, but I violated no law doing so. In the case of totally locked out panels, I can't help it if Brinks is stupid enough the use the customer's a*****t number as a lockout code. If all else fails, I use a $10 eprom eraser to wipe the eprom chip clean. Again, I violated no copyright laws doing so.

They can huff and puff all they like.

Jim Rojas

rifnraf wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Any concern on your part that this is the begining of a trend and that more manuals are going to have to be pulled?

Reply to
Steve

Who knows. We have be asked nicely to removed manuals before. Brinks didn't ask. They had their dogs (attorneys) do it for them.

Jim Rojas

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

If you do not charge for the books (now), perhaps it would serve as well to post them anonymously at alt.binaries.e-book.technical? At least then they get archived and can be downloaded via web search.

Reply to
BogusID