Schitlage

Bought several of the new ones with the funky spring cap. Went to rekey and install them on a residence. Wow, total schit. The bible isn't tall enough to put pins and spring in. The spring cap flies over my left shoulder.

Took em back the next day for Titan.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LOL, seems there IS a trick.. you can use REGULAR lower pins, but CANNOT change the uppers UNLESS you use the ones made for that style..

and I am thinking these install a little bit different as well..once pinned, the cap WILL compress down, to allow it to get back into the knob, THEN it pops up with the springs, getting the proper bible height. key obviously cannot be in place doing this part-but thats normal..

if the cap IS tight down, its wrong, once in place

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Christopher,

Calm down. First off you seldom need to remove the spring cap you can just follow the plug. you also should have spare caps and the proper springs and drivers, as well as some spare C clips.

The reason they went to the shorter bible is so they could have one piece knobs. the compressible spring cap just allows this and permits keying the lock while still using the standard keying.

I suggest you get the parts or you will get a call to rekey them and spend more in gas to finish the job if you are called to rekey them.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

How dare you talk bad about the bible, young Man!!-JK-LMAO.

Look in TNL-October 2005.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Yep, the Bible is definitely too short. They really needed to add to it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

(Echoing voice of God) My Son, You must do this without depending on a cut key-Depend on your knowledge of numbers and , well, locksmith stuff , Have Faith.....and stop cursing the bible!!!!-This is trial and trivulation My Son...........There is a meaning behind this madness.................... Bless You My Son.....

Reply to
goma865

Schlage will send you a little kit with some of the top combination pin/spring and some caps. They sent me some free of charge. If your careful, you should be able to re-use the old ones. It's not a bad lock for residential. It is quite an ingenious way of making them so that the outside knob doesn't have to be larger than the inside knob.

Bob

Reply to
Bob B.

It is quite an ingenious way of making them so that the

Also, it allows the knob to be made in one piece vs. two, and there is no need for any internal material as the cylinder indexes on the spindle.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf